Inspiration is one of those intangible things that make this chaotic, and sometimes mundane, life a bit more magical. Whether it comes from art, music, deep conversation, nature, or exposure to something new, inspiration cracks our minds open, revealing fresh possibilities and realms unknown. This inexplicably beautiful experience brings creativity, motivation, and ingenuity to human kind. Being inspired is one of the most pleasurable feelings in life. Without it, I more than likely would never have stepped foot outside of my hometown, let alone my native country. I wouldn’t be me; I would be a monotone, passionless, boring robot.
And this is why I am so honored to have been given the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” last week by the Sock Mistress. She writes a fun, whimsical blog called 14 Weeks’ Worth of Socks where she ponders her travels, World War II, animals, and why it’s “important to have clean underwear.” Many thanks to the Sock Mistress; you made my week!
Since I have happily accepted this award, there is some information I now have to share with you all. This is a virtual “acceptance speech” of sorts. Here are the rules of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Follow the blogger who nominated you.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog.
Now, onto the spicier stuff! Here are seven things about me you might not have known already:
- I am a vegan, but have a serious weakness for cheese. Sometimes I cave.
- I believe in reincarnation, auras, and karma, but am not religious. (If I had to choose, I’d be Buddhist.)
- My fear of death is abnormally low, but my fear of breaking bones is extremely high.
- Despite being a feminist, I often listen to gangsta rap.
- Most of my life inspiration (and thereby direction) has come from books.
- When I was a child, I thought all cats were female and all dogs were male. I guess I didn’t think about procreation.
- I have an uncanny resemblance to my mom when she was my age. She is also my best friend (who happens to think the life I lead is crazy).
Finally, choosing only 15 travel bloggers from the entire blogosphere was an arduous process. There are so many talented, unique, and ambitious travelers out there and I am ever-grateful for this online community. However, decisions had to be made. (So if you’re on this list, you know you’re pretty damn awesome in my eyes!) The people I chose inspire me for a variety of reasons. Many have setbacks or situations that would cause others to simply not even try to travel- such as families, money issues, or physical limitations. Some have a fiery, contagious passion for travel that makes me want to run out of my door right now and board the next flight- anywhere! Others have a commitment to eco-friendly, sustainable, cruelty-free travel that makes me want to be a better traveler and human being. No matter what the exact reason is, these people and their blogs are constant sources of inspiration for me. I’m sure they will be for you, too.
In no order of importance, these are the travel blogs I nominate for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
Congratulations, and I hope to see your acceptance posts!
Who or what inspires you in life? Who would you nominate for this award?